Random Banter

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Hey! Stargate referenced Egyptian and Sumerian and an ancient Latin American culture and even Chinese as far as I remember.
yeah, but did they use the languages?

if it wasn't a made up alien language, i remember everyone either speaking english, latin or some version of latin. been a long time though

BUT TO MY POINT Mr Diversion :)

take the recent S1 (hoping for a S2) of CHAPELWAITE- a great show based on Kings JERUSALEM'S LOT, It blends classic vampire legend (not Dracula) with Lovecraftian Horror-- and deep dark despair,, lots of despair

We are told that the vampires are from a ancient demonic "tribe", been on Earth preying on man basically since man has been here to prey on

a key item in the story is this ancient book that the vampires need-- so, you would think it would either be in some made up demonic language, or something very old- like I said, one of the oldest known languages of man. OR from another dimension giving its Lovecraftian theme?

nope, its in Latin

so, these demons waited eons for some Italic farmers to come up with a script until they wrote their book?

come on now TPTB's!! the show was AWESOME but that bit was a flaw

this is what I mean

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I see what you mean there. But it's not a show I would watch anyway, so meh.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I see what you mean there. But it's not a show I would watch anyway, so meh.
just an example--- its done in every show, Mr Dance Around the Topic :)

Latin, why Latin... it is NOT OLD ---they think we think it sounds cool?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
By the way, I can't help but notice the long absence of @Overmind One around here. How is it going buddy? Are you having a sabbatical? Not watching TV and movies anymore?
Sorry I have not been around! I have been making major changes in my lifestyle, and I had to take along break from here and also social media. It's all a VERY good thing, but it demanded all my attention. Things seem to be settling down now, but it's good to see you here and the rest who are still around! my best to you and your lovely wife and fur babies.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra!

Shaka, when the walls fell!

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
That's a pretty cool shirt. Where can I order one?

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Yeah, but then I'd rather make my own design of it. Just thought it might be readily available to order.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
idk... just saw the meme :(
I purchased one from teepublic. :)

They've got other products too, like mugs and laptop sleeves and various types of clothing. Face masks....

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

They've got other products too, like mugs and laptop sleeves and various types of clothing. Face masks....
so, it was already made, or did you custom?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

you should order a "st:d rocks!" shirt and send it to om1's home address :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Posted in a DS9 group -Rene Auberjonois auditioned for BACK TO THE FUTURE

Along with the other names-- some, I could not see playing Doc- like Gene Hackman?

Some apparently didn't make it to the audition

also of interest at top right listed are the 4 top actors considered for the lead-- Michael J Fox wasn't one of them-- I knew about Stolz- they even began making the film with him, But C Thomas Howell, Ralph Macchio and John Cusack were all in consideration before his name even came up apparently

1642734900562.png

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Dean Devlin and Jonathan Glassner are apparently working together on a new scifi series for SyFy, called "The Ark".

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Dean Devlin and Jonathan Glassner are apparently working together on a new scifi series for SyFy, called "The Ark".

not getting "stargate vibes" like the article said, but more like lets derive a show from EXPANSE, THE STARLOST and ASCENSION