Prometheus (in 3D): Just saw it. Review coming at length...

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Haven't seen it yet. I was stoked for it early on but then lost interest the more I heard about it. :icon_e_confused:

I'll catch it on cable or Netflix eventually but I'm not holding my breath for it to be good now, which is a shame as I'm a big fan of the original Alien movie and think Ridley Scott did a great job of it for being 1979. I just assumed he'd do a good job with this one too. :sorrow:
nope. unless you call weird pacing, terrible casting choices, religious undertones retarded script and making this so called "movie" more of a commersial of the sequel rather then a movie that works on its own.

tho i will say this it does look good and the cinematography is disticnly ridley scott but that doesnt redeem it one bit.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
nope. unless you call weird pacing, terrible casting choices, religious undertones retarded script and making this so called "movie" more of a commersial of the sequel rather then a movie that works on its own.

tho i will say this it does look good and the cinematography is disticnly ridley scott but that doesnt redeem it one bit.

Very well put. I agree that the VFX/CGI was beautiful. Thats it. The so-called "story" was just....missing. There were cool snips of the movie, and individual characters had cool parts, but there was no continuity or purpose to this film. No tension or sense of horror whatsoever. Even the science was uncool. And though David Fassbender gave a decent shot at his android character, it seemed he was out of place if Bishop came later in the timeline. There was no strong "lead" character. And the overt religion being played off the overt Hitler/eugenicist elements was an ugly mix yet becomes the basis for this whole mess of a "trilogy" that they are warning us about in the future. :facepalm:.

Its punishment, I tell ya....

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

Sounds like "Star Wars: Phantom Annoyance". That movie was a giant 2-hour long trailer for a boring sequel that eventually led into an even more boring third (pronounced "turd").

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
she is a TERRIBLE actress just awful and ffs that voice? if YOU cant speak english DONT star in hollywood movies... and whoever casted here what a DUMBASS!

:thoranime12::laughing:

Sorry, I know that one was button pushing but I just had to do it (mostly because I have the same reaction to this chick).

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Very well put. I agree that the VFX/CGI was beautiful. Thats it. The so-called "story" was just....missing. There were cool snips of the movie, and individual characters had cool parts, but there was no continuity or purpose to this film. No tension or sense of horror whatsoever. Even the science was uncool. And though David Fassbender gave a decent shot at his android character, it seemed he was out of place if Bishop came later in the timeline. There was no strong "lead" character. And the overt religion being played off the overt Hitler/eugenicist elements was an ugly mix yet becomes the basis for this whole mess of a "trilogy" that they are warning us about in the future. :facepalm:.

Its punishment, I tell ya....

Ooooohhh this doesn't sound good. :icon_e_confused: Why do they have to mess with stories to try to make them more complex and "deep"??? There's nothing wrong with the Alien story and it doesn't need to be under-girded with a whole bunch of religious, conspiracy nonsense.

OMNI

:thoranime12::laughing:

Sorry, I know that one was button pushing but I just had to do it (mostly because I have the same reaction to this chick).
i know i know and i just have to respond to it :)

and yes this actor man... shes in the dragon tatto movie and bam everyone thinks she's a superstar actor.. the problem there is that she ISNT and in prometheus she acts so weird... i also read she had a voice coach in this movie and looking at her performance yeah i can tell she did tho not because of the better englis or pronounciation no its bc every scene she is in she speaks and acts weird so conncet that weirdness to the voice coach and bam there is the reason her acting sucks in this movie ie she is doing the voice coaching exxercise while trying to act and it just doesnt work and she comes off as weird weak and feeble minded.. and this is the heroine? big misstake and just wow.

OMNI

Ooooohhh this doesn't sound good. :icon_e_confused: Why do they have to mess with stories to try to make them more complex and "deep"??? There's nothing wrong with the Alien story and it doesn't need to be under-girded with a whole bunch of religious, conspiracy nonsense.
dude the 2 thousand teenies are an EMO age for sure... and i have no issue with stuff being deep but trying to make a concept that is quite shallow deep is just contrived and wont work.