Possible livable alien world

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
S

Stonelesscutter

Sounds like an agreeable temperature, but is that the summer or the winter? :)

I'm a little confused about the term "alien planet" by the way. Seems to me like every planet besides earth is alien so it's pretty much a pleonasm. Unless they mean to say there's actually aliens living on it.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

I'm a little confused about the term "alien planet" by the way. Seems to me like every planet besides earth is alien so it's pretty much a pleonasm. Unless they mean to say there's actually aliens living on it.

I think they mean a planet outside our neighborhood (outside our solar system).

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I think they mean a planet outside our neighborhood (outside our solar system).

Shh! Don't give him directions. He's not invited to the party. :cool:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

OMG, green for that word! I have a pretty extensive spoken vocabulary, but I have NEVER heard that word seen it used or written anywhere :) I love that word! I love the meaning too...it will send many a smug debater searching for its meaning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleonasm

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
OMG, green for that word! I have a pretty extensive spoken vocabulary, but I have NEVER heard that word seen it used or written anywhere :) I love that word! I love the meaning too...it will send many a smug debater searching for its meaning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleonasm

He probably chanced across the word on his way to look up "orgasm". ;)

S

Stonelesscutter

He probably chanced across the word on his way to look up "orgasm". ;)

Yep. You use that word so often that I thought it would be worth finally looking it up.
I still don't quite understand what it means though.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
I thought it meant "I'm done - here's some cab fare". :)

Wait, which word were we talking about? :confused:

SciphonicStranger

I really hope no one here is faking their pleonasms. :lol:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

SciphonicStranger

S

Stonelesscutter

I can never seem to tell when someone is faking that other word either... :P ;)

Yes it's hard. Shaved is a master of fauxgasms. He mimics the color, the viscosity and the consistency in great detail. Unfortunately the only way to truly tell if it's real or not is by taste. I'm afraid you're just gonna have to take it like a man.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Yes it's hard. Shaved is a master of fauxgasms. He mimics the color, the viscosity and the consistency in great detail. Unfortunately the only way to truly tell if it's real or not is by taste. I'm afraid you're just gonna have to take it like a man.

Do we want to know how you figured that one out?

SciphonicStranger

I sense this thread will be moving to FH shortly.... :eek: