Perhaps He's One of the Undead...

Illiterati

Council Member & Author

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
No, that would be a civil suit, rather than a criminal case.

So this still makes no sense.

G

Graybrew1

No, that would be a civil suit, rather than a criminal case.

So this still makes no sense.

Usually before you do a civil suit you have the criminal case. It makes the civil case much easier to win. All you need is "A Preponderence of the Evidence" for civil. So if you have a guilty verdict on the criminal case which is "Beyond a Resonable Doubt" that you will most likey win. Each State is different but that is how my state is.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Ya, but you cannot try and convict a dead guy. Not even if he is a zombie. I don't care what Roger Corman may say about it.

G

Graybrew1

The law does not always make sense I agree. I believe that more than likely there is money behind the desire to create stupid things like trying somebody for a crime posthumously. The man has no ability to fairly defend himself because he cannot testify. Stupid Indeed. I still don't doubt that they will do it.

S

Stonelesscutter

I half expected this story to take place in Greece.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
YAY! Hard earned tax dollars in the trash! Maybe they can slip a giant doobie into his hand at the morgue and charge him with possession and intent to distribute, too.

S

Stonelesscutter

YAY! Hard earned tax dollars in the trash! Maybe they can slip a giant doobie into his hand at the morgue and charge him with possession and intent to distribute, too.

Might as well charge him with the Kennedy assassination while they're at it. :P

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Yes they come in handy.
Apparently he was also responsible for Clinton dirtying Lewinsky's dress.

Let's not forget starting the great Chicago fire.

Better move fast on filing all these charges, though, because once his corpse rots beyond recognition he's no longer a viable scapegoat.

S

Stonelesscutter

Let's not forget starting the great Chicago fire.

Better move fast on filing all these charges, though, because once his corpse rots beyond recognition he's no longer a viable scapegoat.

So we can't sue him for his bones?