Only in canada

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
...can a Chris Farley wannabe get elected mayor:

well guido buddy what's up with this eh? ;)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Don't tell me this is the first you have heard of the crack smoking mayor of Toronto?? :lol:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Was that the clip where he mentions eating "kitty" while being interviewed? Even I was shocked by that one. :icon_lol:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Was that the clip where he mentions eating "kitty" while being interviewed? Even I was shocked by that one. :icon_lol:

No, I think that is an older one, Patrick has been a guest a few times IIRC.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I had heard of it Gf, just been too busy to comment on it. I really shouldn't tease guido though - DC mayor marion barry was caught smoking crack by the FBI in 1990- he served time and in an astounding political comback became mayor for another 4 year term(95 to 99) and is now on the DC city council. he is mired in tax issues and nepotism charges, but that is marion barry (democrat btw). {then there are all issues of dc home rule being extra-constitutional and there really needs to be an amendment to the constitution!}

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I had heard of it Gf, just been too busy to comment on it. I really shouldn't tease guido though - DC mayor marion barry was caught smoking crack by the FBI in 1990- he served time and in an astounding political comback became mayor for another 4 year term(95 to 99) and is now on the DC city council. he is mired in tax issues and nepotism charges, but that is marion barry (democrat btw). {then there are all issues of dc home rule being extra-constitutional and there really needs to be an amendment to the constitution!}

Thing is, Rac...I think many politicians do this sort of thing and they just keep it on the down low. Drugs, sex, affairs, bribes, you name it...just a few get exposed. And you know what? The voting public is doing these things too...the majority of them. That is why the puritan, Christian lifestyle that is valued by that constituency is no longer considered a prerequisite for serving public office. And committing such acts is no longer a barrier to serving either. Chalk it up to "progress".