New species of wasp discovered -- and they be some big ones!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
http://entomology.ucdavis.edu/news/warriorwaspnewspecies.html
The jaw-dropping, shiny black wasp appears to be the "Komodo dragon" of the wasp family.
It’s huge. The male measures about two-and-a-half-inches long, Kimsey said. “Its jaws are so large that they wrap up either side of the head when closed. When the jaws are open they are actually longer than the male’s front legs. I don’t know how it can walk. The females are smaller but still larger than other members of their subfamily, Larrinae.” ...
lynnkimseywithwasp.jpg

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Indonesia eh??

I wonder how long before it hops on a boat and immigrates out here..................

Then again, some of the spiders out here would just find him a bigger meal to eat I guess.

S

Stonelesscutter

lol it does...

at first i thought you said "aunt" and i was like DUUUDE your aunt can fly?? is she a witch? :P

I have many aunts. But just what they can do has always remained a mystery. ;)

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
lol it does...

at first i thought you said "aunt" and i was like DUUUDE your aunt can fly?? is she a witch? :P

Why would you automatically assume Stone's aunt uses a broom to fly? Why couldn't it be that she has wings like an angel or maybe she's just really well off and has a fancy one-man helicopter?
:laughing:

G

Graybrew1

She could also have that Harry Potter REALLY special broom. :biggrin:

S

Stonelesscutter

Why would you automatically assume Stone's aunt uses a broom to fly? Why couldn't it be that she has wings like an angel or maybe she's just really well off and has a fancy one-man helicopter?
:laughing:

Speaking of those, there was a "flying car" on the news today. Should be on the market in about two years. Does 180 on the road and 180 in the air. (km/hour that is)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
lol it does...

Outta nowhere! :rotflmao::laughing::rotflmao::laughing::rotflmao::laughing::rotflmao::laughing::rotflmao::laughing::rotflmao::laughing:

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Wait a minute, Stone's aunt drives a flying car in the new Total Recall movie? :confused: :P