Mt. Athos threatens to secede

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
The 20 sovereign monasteries of Mt. Athos in Greece, have called for a meeting tomorrow after the Greek government attempted to pass legislation which would tax all properties outside Mt. Athos which are owned by monesteries. They're now threatening to secede if the law is passed, and then go to Russia for protection.

Y'know, I actually think this is kind of cool. I mean if they secede their country will probably be called Athos (or Mt. Athos), and the people there will be called.... wait for it.... Athosians! But after a while the thought of that gets a bit depressing once you come to realization that the population of Athos will mostly consist of orthodox monks who will spend most of their time alternating between kneeling in cold stone buildings, mumbling positive things about god, and then molesting children. There probably won't be any space vampire killing hot female warriors around there. Kind of sad, really. :(

http://www.gazzetta.gr/koinonia/article/288764-dramatikes-ekselikseis-sto-agion-oros

The link is Greek, by the way (just as a heads up).

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Y'know, I actually think this is kind of cool. I mean if they secede their country will probably be called Athos (or Mt. Athos), and the people there will be called.... wait for it.... Athosians! But after a while the thought of that gets a bit depressing once you come to realization that the population of Athos will mostly consist of orthodox monks who will spend most of their time alternating between kneeling in cold stone buildings, mumbling positive things about god, and then molesting children. There probably won't be any space vampire killing hot female warriors around there. Kind of sad, really. :(

http://www.gazzetta.gr/koinonia/article/288764-dramatikes-ekselikseis-sto-agion-oros

The link is Greek, by the way (just as a heads up).

Great. Russia will have its very own Tibet and all the oppressive goodies that go along with that.