Mortal Kombat: Legacy - web series

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Not bad. Some familiar faces, too. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s6UiEuCYXA

S

Stonelesscutter

Didn't look bad. The bad guy was a moron though. And the good guy was of the typical annoying "I'm bad and frak everything" cliché type hero.

Bluce Ree

Didn't look bad. The bad guy was a moron though. And the good guy was of the typical annoying "I'm bad and frak everything" cliché type hero.

Very true. I found the production quality quite good for a web series, though. Quality is getting better for web made series.

S

Stonelesscutter

Very true. I found the production quality quite good for a web series, though. Quality is getting better for web made series.

Indeed, the quality was pretty good. But I guess it'll have to be to get Seven-of-Nine to play in it. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I like the idea of web series. If ever canceled, then the production of episodes just stops. you can take more time to write webisodes, and you don't have to run them through product placement crews or family values committees...do you? I have to see how they will monetize them. But it seems like a lot more quality programming might be had with them. I just hate the ones that are like 2 or three minutes per episode!

I haven't seen this MK yet.

Bluce Ree

I like the idea of web series. If ever canceled, then the production of episodes just stops. you can take more time to write webisodes, and you don't have to run them through product placement crews or family values committees...do you? I have to see how they will monetize them. But it seems like a lot more quality programming might be had with them. I just hate the ones that are like 2 or three minutes per episode!

I haven't seen this MK yet.

The true beauty of web series is that they're not subject to FCC broadcasting rules. :D

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
Found the acting to be pretty bad in this and I don't think its well executed. A lot of people seem to commenting on Ryan's looks a bit cheesy as well. I'll stick with the original mortal kombat and the game thanks :D

They should have this as the theme music once again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTWdm6RrpVE

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

I liked this! I thought the "bad guy" was overdoing his acting, and his face did not look like "bad guy typical". He looked more like a skirt chaser. Jeri looked like she was trying to ugly herself up for this role. Im not so sure I like her as a bad-ass.

Totally agree here. Done better than the original Sanctuary webisodes, and the action and special effects were a surprise on this level.

Indeed, the quality was pretty good. But I guess it'll have to be to get Seven-of-Nine to play in it. :)

They could dump her and the show would still work with another actress.

Found the acting to be pretty bad in this and I don't think its well executed. A lot of people seem to commenting on Ryan's looks a bit cheesy as well. I'll stick with the original mortal kombat and the game thanks :D

They should have this as the theme music once again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTWdm6RrpVE

I haven't seen any of the Mortal Kombat movies and haven't played the game in years (I prefer the Virtua Fighter series) so this was fresh for me. :D I would LOVE to get some more of these. :icon_e_wink: