Just....OMG. Freaky Fashion....penis pants?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This thread may be freaky, but it does not belong in Flame Hell. (please do not move it there, Council!). This is proof that the fashion industry exists to draw in those who just refuse to tell the Emperor that his clothes are HORRIBLE. This person who designed this stuff has a job????

http://vimeo.com/9556230

:facepalm:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Gosh, I hope they make those pants in XXL. ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Gosh, I hope they make those pants in XXL. ;)

Those only come in black. :icon_lol: Just kidding...there is a Holmes version that allows you enough length to put the "appendage" in the pocket. LOL

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
I am channeling Derek Smalls right now... :P

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
WTF is all this eyesore doing here?!?!!?

I don't understand its very EXISTENCE. That entire sequence looks like a Candid Camera skit where a photographer is tricked by a joke designer to gauge reaction. :) Its utterly clownly. And this chick Isabella has a JOB doing this??? Who is paying her and WHY???

S

Stonelesscutter

I don't understand its very EXISTENCE. That entire sequence looks like a Candid Camera skit where a photographer is tricked by a joke designer to gauge reaction. :) Its utterly clownly. And this chick Isabella has a JOB doing this??? Who is paying her and WHY???

Did you notice the look on the model's faces? They're like omg I hope nobody recognises me.

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
i dont "get" "fashion" at all that its even a thing and that people are somehow able to make fortunes from it is BEYOND me,, without a doubt its one of the STUPIDEST things our civilasation has ever come up with.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Women drive that industry.

i dont "get" "fashion" at all that its even a thing and that people are somehow able to make fortunes from it is BEYOND me,, without a doubt its one of the STUPIDEST things our civilasation has ever come up with.

Male clothing designers get their names on the stuff, but mostly women are behind "high fashion" and give it value far beyond reality. Woman's handbags, for instance, they routinely cost $1600. Really? So, I start looking on them for built in video systems, cellphone and portable fridge circuits to justify the cost, but ziltch. Just before Christmas, an old girlfriend sent me a link to this: http://www.marcjacobs.com/marc-jacobs/womens/bags-and-accessories/c3112133/spotty-beaver#?p=1&s=12

Capture.png

$4,695.00

Seriously.

Men do not understand this at all. Men do not recognize or appreciate that any of you women owning bags like this have spent that money on it or anything about it other than the ugly print or perhaps an unusual color. We do not know or care about the fashion designers who made the bag. That means the only place where having such a bag will have status is amongst other women, who hate to be upstaged and then go out and spend MORE than that on a handbag. It extends into dresses, shoes, belts and all manner of women's accessories. Women's clothes costs several times that than for men's clothes.

Men will not spend that kind of money on a briefcase or satchel. Men will not spend more than about $600.00 for a very high end shoe, and not much more than say...$900 on their "best suit" selections. A tux or specialized article might cost more, but still we are talking FAR less money for men's garments which are typically stronger, larger, and take more material. Men, even metro men, will not "accessorize" or spend money on products beyond shaving cream, deodorant, moisturizer, shampoo, conditioner, an exfoliant, perhaps a pumice/brush/loofah and a shaving kit (with interchangeable attachments for trimming beards, mustaches and sideburns as well as body hair). Women can sting a man's wallet with $10,000 in purchases for just one day of shopping on Rodeo Drive. Its obscene.

On top of it all, no woman is going to want to date any man who dresses in the ridiculous outfits they wear on runways in fashion shows.

OMNI

Male clothing designers get their names on the stuff, but mostly women are behind "high fashion" and give it value far beyond reality. Woman's handbags, for instance, they routinely cost $1600. Really? So, I start looking on them for built in video systems, cellphone and portable fridge circuits to justify the cost, but ziltch. Just before Christmas, an old girlfriend sent me a link to this: http://www.marcjacobs.com/marc-jacobs/womens/bags-and-accessories/c3112133/spotty-beaver#?p=1&s=12

View attachment 6608

$4,695.00

Seriously.

Men do not understand this at all. Men do not recognize or appreciate that any of you women owning bags like this have spent that money on it or anything about it other than the ugly print or perhaps an unusual color. We do not know or care about the fashion designers who made the bag. That means the only place where having such a bag will have status is amongst other women, who hate to be upstaged and then go out and spend MORE than that on a handbag. It extends into dresses, shoes, belts and all manner of women's accessories. Women's clothes costs several times that than for men's clothes.

Men will not spend that kind of money on a briefcase or satchel. Men will not spend more than about $600.00 for a very high end shoe, and not much more than say...$900 on their "best suit" selections. A tux or specialized article might cost more, but still we are talking FAR less money for men's garments which are typically stronger, larger, and take more material. Men, even metro men, will not "accessorize" or spend money on products beyond shaving cream, deodorant, moisturizer, shampoo, conditioner, an exfoliant, perhaps a pumice/brush/loofah and a shaving kit (with interchangeable attachments for trimming beards, mustaches and sideburns as well as body hair). Women can sting a man's wallet with $10,000 in purchases for just one day of shopping on Rodeo Drive. Its obscene.

On top of it all, no woman is going to want to date any man who dresses in the ridiculous outfits they wear on runways in fashion shows.
dont forget the plasma screen teleportation device etc etc :P

but yeah i completly agree its truly insane imo and i thank my lucky stars that i found A woman that couldnt possible care less about these things to call my own!

G

Graybrew1

Look, I have a few 400 dollar purses that were on sale. I can't explain the drive to own some of these things. The ones I do have are my pride and joy. I would skip lunch for a month at work to get one. I earned it, why not? It was my damn paycheck. The other women would go out to eat everyday, I probably spent less in a year. It really is all about perception. ;)

OMNI

Look, I have a few 400 dollar purses that were on sale. I can't explain the drive to own some of these things. The ones I do have are my pride and joy. I would skip lunch for a month at work to get one. I earned it, why not? It was my damn paycheck. The other women would go out to eat everyday, I probably spent less in a year. It really is all about perception. ;)
:facepalm:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Fur is murder! :mad:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
dont forget the plasma screen teleportation device etc etc :P

but yeah i completly agree its truly insane imo and i thank my lucky stars that i found A woman that couldnt possible care less about these things to call my own!

My last "high maintenance" girlfriend still would not have spent this kind of money on a handbag, but she would buy loads of bedding stuff, sets of huge pillows which fill up the bed with a mountain of pillows and comforters and junk that I could not understand. I got sick of making that huge arm sweep to shove all that crap off the bed! Guys do not need for a bed to look like this:

DKNYBedroomEnsemble-main_Full.jpgpuffy-pillows-thumb203828.jpg

All those silly pillows and covers just get shoved off the bed onto the floor when the gf is not around or wifey has gone off out of town. :). Unfortunately, one can easily spend over $1000 on a bed pillow mountain set. A bed only needs to look like this:

1292348631_115308740_1-Pictures-of--Reno-Tech-Modern-Japanese-Platform-Bed-with-LED-Lights-and-L.jpg

The fashion industry would LOVE for men to start getting into handbags, accessories, and all of that silly stuff but its never gonna happen. :) Jeans, a tshirt, a hoodie and perhaps a pair of Converse all stars is high fashion for most dudes.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
:lol: bloody hell that's awful I don't think that's based on personal taste but that's just awful. I feel sorry for the male models who have to wear those ridiculous things.

S

Stonelesscutter

:lol: bloody hell that's awful I don't think that's based on personal taste but that's just awful. I feel sorry for the male models who have to wear those ridiculous things.

Indeed. It makes me think there's a group of rich people making bets on how ridiculous those models are prepared to look before they say "forget it!".

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball

I like "luxury" items as well...there is a coach outlet store nearby that I visit...especially when there's a sale. a good quality leather purse can last for a decade or more. I skip "trendy" styles and go straight for a classic look that will last and last. :D

My last "high maintenance" girlfriend still would not have spent this kind of money on a handbag, but she would buy loads of bedding stuff, sets of huge pillows which fill up the bed with a mountain of pillows and comforters and junk that I could not understand. I got sick of making that huge arm sweep to shove all that crap off the bed! Guys do not need for a bed to look like this:

View attachment 6609View attachment 6610

All those silly pillows and covers just get shoved off the bed onto the floor when the gf is not around or wifey has gone off out of town. :). Unfortunately, one can easily spend over $1000 on a bed pillow mountain set. A bed only needs to look like this:

View attachment 6611

The fashion industry would LOVE for men to start getting into handbags, accessories, and all of that silly stuff but its never gonna happen. :) Jeans, a tshirt, a hoodie and perhaps a pair of Converse all stars is high fashion for most dudes.

did you hear about the riots at athletic shoe places for the latest "air jordan"...which is a "retro" shoe from the 90's! don't tell me men don't spend like mad on fashion...two hundred or more for an ugly pair of shoes-especially when the style is 15 years old. http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/money_co/2011/12/nike-air-jordan-fights.html

as to a pillow laden bed- I made my own pillows! very inexpensively! :D

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I like "luxury" items as well...there is a coach outlet store nearby that I visit...especially when there's a sale. a good quality leather purse can last for a decade or more. I skip "trendy" styles and go straight for a classic look that will last and last. :D

did you hear about the riots at athletic shoe places for the latest "air jordan"...which is a "retro" shoe from the 90's! don't tell me men don't spend like mad on fashion...two hundred or more for an ugly pair of shoes-especially when the style is 15 years old. http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/money_co/2011/12/nike-air-jordan-fights.html

as to a pillow laden bed- I made my own pillows! very inexpensively! :D

Is it still a mountain? :) I dont get the need for like....8 pillows of varying sizes. I do not sit up in bed to watch TV and if I want to use a computer in bed I now have my tablet which I can hold like a book. So, are all those pillows to build a fort or perhaps a barricade from hubby when he is in the mood and you are not? :P