In and out and all around

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Hey everyone- just wanted to let you all know that once I get back from the East Coast (hopefully with a few lobster....) I will still not be around much. i ahve been asked to take on new responsibilites at church. I have been asked to assist the lady in charge of the church programs for all of the children 18 months to 12 years old. yep a lot more work but I know it will be fun! It just won't leave me much time to play! So i'll be here now and then! take care everyone and have a wonderful holiday season! :) :)

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Hey everyone- just wanted to let you all know that once I get back from the East Coast (hopefully with a few lobster....) I will still not be around much. i ahve been asked to take on new responsibilites at church. I have been asked to assist the lady in charge of the church programs for all of the children 18 months to 12 years old. yep a lot more work but I know it will be fun! It just won't leave me much time to play! So i'll be here now and then! take care everyone and have a wonderful holiday season! :) :)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!! :joy:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
ape honey it was just a few gals in one salt lake ward. :facepalm: sunday dress at an lds church is still dresses/skirts for women and suits w/white shirts and ties for men. Just because a few gals don't like it....doesn't mean it's going to change. I wear pants 6 days a week and wearing a dress on sunday reminds me that it isn't a "regular" day but the Sabbath and to keep it holy. these sorts of "movements" happen often - there were groups who advocated pants for women at church in the 90's and 80's. but I don't see it changing anytime soon. ;)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
ape honey it was just a few gals in one salt lake ward. :facepalm: sunday dress at an lds church is still dresses/skirts for women and suits w/white shirts and ties for men. Just because a few gals don't like it....doesn't mean it's going to change. I wear pants 6 days a week and wearing a dress on sunday reminds me that it isn't a "regular" day but the Sabbath and to keep it holy. these sorts of "movements" happen often - there were groups who advocated pants for women at church in the 90's and 80's. but I don't see it changing anytime soon. ;)

So would it be okay for a man to wear a dress to LDS Sunday service? Just curious.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
if it were a kilt or lava-lava. Snookie has a great pic of two tongan missionaries (male) she served with earing lava-lavas with white shirts and ties. otherwise no cross-dressing allowed. ;)

in my ward here we have two gals who wear pants every sunday they show up- they are fairly recent converts and not completely active. that is my question about the gals who wore pants in the article- are they members in "good standing"...ie temple worthy members. something tells me the answer is no! ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
if it were a kilt or lava-lava. Snookie has a great pic of two tongan missionaries (male) she served with earing lava-lavas with white shirts and ties. otherwise no cross-dressing allowed. ;)

in my ward here we have two gals who wear pants every sunday they show up- they are fairly recent converts and not completely active. that is my question about the gals who wore pants in the article- are they members in "good standing"...ie temple worthy members. something tells me the answer is no! ;)

Wait...the LDS church controls what women wear to church?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
You say that like it's a strange thing dude, happens in lots of churches, and lots of religions. :P

I have heard that they also dictate the only "proper" position to have sex. Is it really true that only the missionary position is allowed?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I have heard that they also dictate the only "proper" position to have sex. Is it really true that only the missionary position is allowed?

Okay, let's just stop for a moment and take a deep breath. I'm not sure I want an answer to that, do you? :anim_59:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Okay, let's just stop for a moment and take a deep breath. I'm not sure I want an answer to that, do you? :anim_59:

From YOU? Um....perhaps in Flame Hell? :rotflmao:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
this is probably over everyone else's IQ level...but it's called basic respect. :facepalm:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
this is probably over everyone else's IQ level...but it's called basic respect. :facepalm:

Okay, youre right. But I think that there is a lot of unconventional stuff in the LDS church that many are unaware of. I really did not know that the Church had a dress code (beyind the obvious, like wearing clothes to begin with or wearing athletic attire to Church). But also, you should respect the fact that many LDS practices are an affront to other religions and the beliefs of non-religious people. None of this is personal.

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
You say that like it's a strange thing dude, happens in lots of churches, and lots of religions. :P

The traditional Christian requirement is that men and women be completely clothed when attending church. This is something that can vary from culture to culture. I oftentimes will wear sweatshirts to church.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
The traditional Christian requirement is that men and women be completely clothed when attending church. This is something that can vary from culture to culture. I oftentimes will wear sweatshirts to church.

Well, that explains a lot. Now I understand why I was getting those looks when I attended mass wearing nothing but a top hat and a monocle.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Well, that explains a lot. Now I understand why I was getting those looks when I attended mass wearing nothing but a top hat and a monocle.

:rotflmao::smiley-laughing024:

My church specified that shoes had to be worn, no sandals or slippers. Also, sunglasses and hats had to be removed.