Existence

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I didn't want to get overly specific and wanted you guys to develop the necessary parameters on your own,
Never expect a forum to create "agreeable paramaters" :lol:

just like the thing you brought up, bringing in the additional parameter of 'causal blame'. There's plenty of ways to look at it, you could look at it without causal implications and just the act itself, whether they are the same. Or with causal implication, which is often the case during specific cases of this during abortion/euthanasia.
Hmmm, I don't know if you could divorce the two dude, Using yor definition, one is an act of concious will, therefore a "choice", one is not "let fate deal with it cause I don't want to". As only one of these is an actual "act", they simply cannot be the same in such a vacuum.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Never expect a forum to create "agreeable paramaters" :lol:

Hmmm, I don't know if you could divorce the two dude, Using yor definition, one is an act of concious will, therefore a "choice", one is not "let fate deal with it cause I don't want to". As only one of these is an actual "act", they simply cannot be the same in such a vacuum.

Haha, meant for you guys to acknowledge different sets of parameters and to argue using those sets. But that might be expecting too much.

I'm not sure I'm understanding the second part, don't really recall giving an exact definition, mind clarifying?

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Haha, meant for you guys to acknowledge different sets of parameters and to argue using those sets. But that might be expecting too much.

I'm not sure I'm understanding the second part, don't really recall giving an exact definition, mind clarifying?

1: If you chose to act, it is a concious choice.
2: If you do not act (for whatever reason), it may not be a "concious choice" (though a subconcious choice to be sure).
If you ingnore the subconcious, one is an act, one is not, therefore they are not the same in a VERY narrow view.
Better?