Darwin Day 2013

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I love the Darwin awards: http://www.darwinawards.com/
"Darwin Awards: We watch the watchman watch the watchmen."
Natural selection deems that some individuals
serve as a warning to others.
Who are we to disagree?
The next generation, ever and anon, is descended from the survivors.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

:smiley-laughing024::rotflmao::shep_lol:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

I can understand the need for these fundamentalists to set up museums and such to showcase this fantasy, much like churches teach their respective religions, but what shocks me is that schools are being allowed to teach this bullshit as part of the standard curriculum in lieu of evolution.

Once again, I'm at a total loss as to why this country is obsessed with regressing to the stone age and refuses to embrace the advances garnered by education and science, such as becoming the dominant nuclear and military power. The schematics and equations that made the nuke possible didn't come from any of the scriptures.

I have nothing against faith and its quite possible to have your religion and accept science. The advanced western Christian nations are proof of that. FFS, even the Vatican, leader of the first, oldest and largest Christian sect, has reconciled evolution with their faith.
--- merged: Feb 12, 2013 at 2:13 PM ---

I wish they had the follow up photo to that one.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I can understand the need for these fundamentalists to set up museums and such to showcase this fantasy, much like churches teach their respective religions, but what shocks me is that schools are being allowed to teach this bullshit as part of the standard curriculum in lieu of evolution.

Once again, I'm at a total loss as to why this country is obsessed with regressing to the stone age and refuses to embrace the advances garnered by education and science, such as becoming the dominant nuclear and military power. The schematics and equations that made the nuke possible didn't come from any of the scriptures.

I have nothing against faith and its quite possible to have your religion and accept science. The advanced western Christian nations are proof of that. FFS, even the Vatican, leader of the first, oldest and largest Christian sect, has reconciled evolution with their faith.
--- merged: Feb 12, 2013 at 2:13 PM ---

I wish they had the follow up photo to that one.

Like I mentioned elsewhere, the United States is like the big dumb beast who is powerful enough to crush everyone, but is not very smart. Like the mountain troll in Harry Potter. We still have antiqated "race" labels, we still waste money fighting senseless "policing" missions in countries and cultures we have no business messing with, we still lie and manipulate, and we are not very efficient. We consume more resources than any nation on earth, yet we waste more of them than any nation on earth. Socially, we are worse than many third world nations in terms of how we treat out citizens. These backwards notions like Creationism are appealingly ignorant.