Cat Lovers Thread

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Found this online today ...

I had that! There is one with bugs too. :) But, my trusty Acer Iconia tablet died, and I have not replaced it yet. But when I had it, Fisher went crazy on it and so did Siete. I have lots of visual cat stuff and several cat TV videos for cats to watch. After all, I leave him alone at home for 8 hours every night...

Let me know if interested! They are from YouTube. The ones I chose are at least 8hrs, to cover my shift. If you have a downloader, that would help:

Music for cats (they love the sound of pianos)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
My little predator brought me another gift of a mouse! :) This is the second one he has brought me. I let him outside into the courtyard every day, and that is where he catches them. He just strutted in the house and dropped it right on my foot. :anim_59:. He looked so proud, I didn't immediately grab it from him and flush it this time. :shame: I took these pics, and let him bat it around for a while, then flushed it.

IMG_20181022_162107.jpg IMG_20181022_162036.jpg

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
It's nice when a gift is appreciated.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Now that's a good mouse hunter . My friends cat that had never been outside his whole life caught 2 in her house . There was a hole we found on the inside of the garage side of the house that was giving them access . I cemented it up .
Amazing that this Cat's natural instinct gave it the ability to hunt down a mouse . We got wind there were mice in the house when the Timmy the Cat would stare for hrs looking at a specific area in the kitchen lower cupboards .
Good Kitties !!!
;)
View attachment 34799

Cats are natural mousers. :) His former owner Sherry told me he brought her a lizard tail once, but she screamed and scolded him for it. And his whole time with me in Redondo Beach he never brought me anything. It wasn't until I moved to my new place and he was let out regularly into the pet-safe courtyard that he caught the first one and brought it to me a few months ago. That one was still alive when he brought it in, but it died minutes later. Siete dropped that one at my feet, and because I had done some cat behavior reading, I praised him and gave him treats and told him what a great little hunter he was. :). This one was dead by the time it was dropped directly on my bare foot, but it wasn't cold yet. :shame: Again, more praise and treats. But there are no mice inside my place! He is bringing them in from outside. None of my neighbors with cats have mice in their homes, but a couple of the downstairs neighbors have caught some in their places on glue strips.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
My old cat used to bring mice and frogs in when I lived with my parents, and she would usually bring them to my grandma who lived with us on the ground floor level. She would walk out her room in the morning and step on a frog. :P

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Hilarious! The cat in the window of the car tripped me out. A cat who likes to ride in cars? I never knew such a thing existed!
I bet it's because there's a nice warm flow of air coming from the fan.

I thought there were a bunch of funny little cat clips in there. Starting with the very first one. That cat is like "I'ma eatme sum..." and then full on attacks as a dragon devouring a pig in one gulp. Then the cat doing situps, for real!?! The cat on the tennis ball, LOL! The cat going through the window, wtf, there's something wrong with that one. Cat going up the wall is cute, kinda reminds me of a flying squirrel or something.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
That was exactly the reason why I felt like taking the picture!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
No that is Qetesh.

Oh okay, I never saw her in full form like that. She is a little thing! Perhaps because Ba'al looks like such a big guy. :) She is so cute, looks very playful. Such a little kittehface. :cat:

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
She's not really playful. She's more of an annoying little kitteh. But still cute.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I just got home. I really appreciate the way Siete gets up from his nap to greet me at the door! He has food and water and treats still out, so I know none of that is the reason. It would be much harder for me to live alone without him.